Denise
I wrote each of the boys a letter and put it in a card last week.  I dropped them in the mail so they would get them today.

Younger Boy wanted to read his out loud which I told him was fine.  As he read it to all of us he began crying.  I had told him I was proud of him for working really hard to "get his anger out" and I wanted him to know that he didn't need to be scared in my house, because I would always love him and protect him.

It actually mad Middle Boy cry, too.

Middle Boy read his to himself and asked me about it later.  I had asked that we always be honest with each other about him living here and whether or not he felt comfortable.  The reason I said that was because he told me he didn't want to be adopted by his last family, but was just going to do it since "no one had ever wanted him before".

Older Boy decided to throw away his letter without reading it.  If anyone else would have done it I would have been hurt, but with him I just have to roll with the punches.

I love these boys...all three...all in different ways.  I would move heaven and earth if they needed me to.

Praises for relationships and these boys!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment