Denise
I have been so frustrated by the boys comments when it seems like they don't believe I am going to adopt them.  I am.  I have struggled with why they don't believe me.  Don't they trust me?

When I was at therapy yesterday something Therapist M made me change my perspective.  Both boys have been in homes before where they were going to be adopted and the date approached.  Here they are though...still no permanency.  M told me they aren't going to believe it until it is official.  They have been here before.  It failed before.  In their minds they failed before.  Now I get it.  It isn't me they don't trust.  It is their own insecurities based on past events causing the doubt.

In my own mind I have been struggling with how much to tell them about where we are in the process.  I haven't told them the subsidies are signed and the adoption packets are at the attorney's office.  I'm not sure why.  I would imagine we would know our court dates soon.  I guess I am a little unsure, because the closer we have been getting to adoption the worse the behavior was getting.  In my mind maybe if I wait to tell them I will have less behaviors to endure.  I suppose it will depend when the hearings actually turn out to be.  At this point it is looking like it will be between September 4 and September 28.  Still no word on whether we can get the judges to agree to doing them at the same time.  At one point I was told we would be doing good to get them in the same week.

Prayers for wisdom in how to handle the news of the adoption dates.  Prayers for my perspective.
0 Responses

Post a Comment