Denise
Tonight we had dinner as a family for the first time in TEN DAYS.  Honestly this is the part of being a single foster mom I hate the most.

I wish we sat down at the table for dinner every single night as a family.  In reality we are doing really well if we are able to do it three times a week. 

Part of me wants the judges to court order we have to have three nights a week where nothing is court ordered.  Part of me thinks it is sad.

I think about one of the purposes of foster care and that is to learn to live in a family environment.  I don't know about anyone else, but most families aren't at therapy four nights a week and trying to fit in a behavioralist as well.

So tonight...I am thankful for our simple family dinner...at the same table...at the same time.
0 Responses

Post a Comment