Denise
Tonight was the open house for eighth graders at our high school.

It was the first time I haven't been cool enough to hang out with Middle Boy. He wanted to hang out and do the tour by himself.

Younger Boy and I watched a performance by the show choir and ate popcorn and answered text messages from Middle Boy wondering what we were doing and where we were. Younger Boy LOVED the show choir. I told him we would try to find out when they had a concert and maybe we could attend.

Middle Boy was trying super hard to be cool for a group of girls, one of which is his "girlfriend". The relationship really is this...she is a girl he thinks is pretty and she thinks he is cute and they text each other. He knows NOTHING about her. I told him I thought he should be able to tell me three new facts about her each day that didn't have anything to do with physical appearance. You would have thought I stabbed him. Apparently that "isn't how we do it these days".

I think it was successful. Younger Boy now knows he wants to be in ROTC and show choir!
0 Responses

Post a Comment