Denise
Tonight at bedtime Middle Boy was still texting. I told him I was going to take Sophie upstairs and then come back down and tuck him in. I told him that he needed to stop texting before I came back downstairs.

When I came back down he was still texting. I told him he was done. He asked if he could text good night. I said no and that I would take his phone and charge it. He covered his head with his blanket and wouldn't acknowledge anything I said.

I told him I loved him and started to go upstairs.

He told me he didn't understand why I was mad. First of all...I'm not mad. I'm parenting. I asked him to stop texting. He didn't so I asked him to give me his phone.

He said I didn't tell him to stop texting before I went upstairs. He said I didn't say anything. I told him that I did. He said, "That is your perception. Let me tell you what really happened." Seriously? I am NOT going to engage in this.

Middle Boy won't be texting at all today, because I am the parent and my reality trumps his reality.
0 Responses

Post a Comment