Denise
It was quite a weekend….Saturday morning was NOT GOOD. I am starting to learn the things that make Older Boy furious, but I didn’t catch it on Saturday morning. He punched the wall of my house and the window of the car before he finally calmed down. He wanted to call 911 and have himself removed from my house. I told him it was his choice and then he just started sobbing. This made Younger Boy stomp around the house as well, because he didn’t want Older Boy to go. I think they are starting to learn they aren’t going anywhere.

We went to Walmart to get eyes checked and new glasses. Both boys picked theirs out and should have them within 7 – 10 days. It is a good thing, because Older Boy accidentally stepped on Younger Boy’s glasses Saturday night when he was in the shower. Both lenses are out and one of the temples is sticking out sideways. Unfortunately they are irreparable. It did lead to one of the funniest things of the weekend. Younger Boy came out of his room last night with the lenses scotch taped to his face….all the way around. It had to have hurt to remove them because the tape was stuck to his eyebrows.

Younger Boy had a meltdown at Walgreens which resulted in him throwing down the chapstick I wouldn’t buy and running from the store crying and locking himself in the car.

Saturday afternoon we went to the park for a while and we also walked around the neighborhood. The boys enjoy walking around the block and it gets them out of the house for a while.

Sunday Older Boy had a tough time at church, because Younger Boy was going with Mentor R after church. It made him swear under his breath during the entire service and talk about how he hated me and church. Again…not how he really feels. He ended up helping the second graders in second service and was fine after that.

We are working on cooling down when you find yourself getting angry. Older Boy does not like to lose anything….including if he is playing Wii against the computer. I don’t really want to take all of that away from him, but I need to figure out a way to help him self-manage before he is furious.

Counseling starts this week or next. I was originally told it would be during daycare, but it now looks like it will have to occur at my house. I am not sure how I feel about that. It seems like there are too many distractions. It would seem to me that going to an office would be more “business like” for them.

Younger Boy got his homework done after Younger Boy’s Mentor made him pinky swear he would do it. We’ll see how it goes tonight.
0 Responses

Post a Comment