Denise
Today was one of those days.  Since it is spring break Older Boy and Younger Boy were in daycare all day. 

Older Boy needed to go to Children's Hospital for a blood test.  Nothing is easy in the foster care system though.  Our state worker had not given consent to treat for the blood test so we spent about 45 minutes trying to get registered so we could have the blood drawn. 

This afternoon Older Boy went with his mentor to the humane society.  He was so excited about seeing the dogs and cats there.

This evening we went to a friends house for dinner.  It was an amazing meal and both boys were so very polite.  They had fun playing with a nine-year old girl visiting her dad from Tennessee.  They were all three giggling all evening.

Bedtime is always such a challenge with Younger Boy.  Tonight I told him what time he needed to be upstairs in bed and asked him to look at the clock.  I asked him how many minutes away it was.  When he didn't come up at the specified time I asked him what time it was.  He finally came up FURIOUS with me because I didn't tell  him what time he was supposed to come upstairs and I was talking about consequences.  He slammed the door, threw toys across the living room and told me that he doesn't want to live here any more.

I sat in the boys room until he calmed down and was willing to go to the living room to talk it over.  The continuous making up of stories because you don't want to do things is wearing thin.  It took 40 minutes for him to talk to me.  I just sat in the room during that time reading my Bible and waiting for him to decide to talk to me.  I could see the internal struggle in him.  I told him I was going to just sit there and read until I saw him go to the living room.

It was a good talk.  I think we have come to an understanding.  I'm exhausted!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment