Denise
Wednesday…Wednesdays are always SO HARD for us. I am conflicted, because we rush around and get home late and are very tired on Thursday, but the boys LOVE Wednesday nights at Church and they have so many positive influences and relationships there. We could use prayers for what the right thing is to do on Wednesday nights.

Younger Boy continues to have trouble with bringing his homework home and lying about it being done. Wednesday night he brought math home, but not his other two subjects. He blatantly lied to both Younger Boy’s Mentor and me about having the homework done. His teacher and I have developed quite an email relationship. He told her a series of stories about what happened/didn’t happen with the homework. She is working with us to make sure EVERYTHING gets home. I am taking it from there.

Thursday…The boys decided to get up at 4am to “surprise me”. I am not sure what the surprise was supposed to be. A bigger surprise would be if they slept in this weekend, because I am literally EXHAUSTED!!

Older Boy’s daycare is having an art and bake sale today. We could pre-purchase items on Thursday afternoon. Praises that his daycare is such a loving and creative place. God had wonderful plans for Older Boy when he made the space available for him at this daycare.

Older Boy is working on proper boundaries. The teachers at his daycare have mentioned that his hugs are getting to be improper. If he approaches you about a hug he needs to ask you if you want a hug and also it needs to be a side hug. It is okay for you to say no as well. He is also working on his reaction when you say no. Younger Boy and I are giving him plenty of practice, because although we both like hugs some days it is just too much. Pray Older Boy would start to understand appropriate boundaries and learn to deal with the frustration of people refusing the offer.

Younger Boy brought home all of his homework. We had a discussion about how his not doing his homework makes me sad. I told him it made me feel like I was not a good parent…which is the truth. He did ALL of his homework and was able to ignore Older Boy during his homework session. Pray we can figure out a good strategy for what to do with Older Boy while Younger Boy is working on his homework.

I am figuring out that a significant amount of the fighting occurs when the boys are telling each other what to do. This especially occurs when I have asked one of them to do something and the other immediately chimes in with the exact same instructions. It nearly always erupts into swearing and door slamming and often times someone crying. We are working on both boys staying silent when a discussion is between me and the other boy. As I write this it sounds so very stupid, but this literally makes a HUGE difference in our home.

The boys new caseworker came over Thursday evening. He will only be the caseworker until May when we will get another new worker.
0 Responses

Post a Comment