Denise
This morning Younger Boy asked me to take his backpack downstairs and it was MUCH heavier than the backpack I looked through last night right when we got home. I asked him what was in it, because he had locked it with that padlock he had on his jeans the other day. He said nothing was in it. I asked him if there was something he wanted to tell me and he said no. All the while getting madder and madder at me. I said “I think maybe your math book is in there.” He said it wasn’t. I asked if he wanted to prove it to me and he said he would do it after school.

I asked what he thought the consequences should be for not doing homework or lying to me. He said he didn’t know so I told him no electronics (TV, computer, Wii) for one day which of course made him mad. Again I gave him the opportunity to tell me the truth and said if he had been lying I wouldn’t give him the consequences this one time. Didn’t matter.

I told him I was going to pick up a set of his books when we went to conferences and we would just do all of his homework every night at home even if he had done it in school, because I wanted to make sure it was done and he was doing his best in school.

I am not popular right now, but seriously…does he think I am a moron?
0 Responses

Post a Comment