Denise
Tonight we had one of our most difficult nights yet. Younger Boy had a lot of homework (our nemesis) and Older Boy would not leave him alone so he could work on it. I have yet to find something that will occupy Older Boy while Younger Boy is doing homework. I can list MANY things that do not work. I am open to ALL suggestions.

This caused a HUGE fight between the two which ended with Older Boy screaming “I ****** hate you” to Younger Boy. This enraged Younger Boy.

Older Boy has the ability to not even remember he caused Younger Boy’s rage five minutes later, because he totally zones out. After Older Boy fell asleep Younger Boy was really struggling. He came and asked if he could talk to me. We sat and rocked in a rocking chair for two hours while he cried and yelled. There is so much hurt and anger in him. Quite honestly he has a lot of patience with Older Boy, more than most would have, but sometimes enough is enough for him. He told me he wants to stay forever and he thinks Older Boy will make them have to leave. He said that Older Boy is still acting “good” because he doesn’t know me yet.

Pray we can work through this. I am exhausted. I feet like I have been hit by a truck. I know God can heal all things and make all things new and that with his help I am capable of being on this path. It’s just hard….really hard.
0 Responses

Post a Comment