Denise
Tonight was another rough night in terms of disrespect and rudeness.

I called a family team meeting.

I patiently asked what I can do differently and what I have done that has resulted in a complete and total lack of respect.  I asked if they truly disrespected me as much as their words and behaviors show.

I explained that I truly felt like God called me to be their mom, but I was pretty sure God didn't call me to be treated with complete disregard and disrespect.  In fact I pointed to the verses in the Bible about how to treat your mother.

At the end of the meeting I asked the boys to each come up with five things I could do differently in order to earn their respect.  They will be giving me their lists tomorrow night.

Prayers for wisdom and guidance.
2 Responses
  1. I respectfully suggest this may be the wrong approach. You tell them they are disrespecting you, and then ask them to further disrespect you by changing what YOU are doing to better suit them. I think it's important to ask for their feedback and suggestions but without letting them "call the shots" and set out how things are to be done.


  2. Denise Says:

    Anne...

    I actually thought about that, but as it played out last night they were adamant that it wasn't anything I was doing, but it was them, but they had "no idea" why. I believe that is true. I asked them to consider their own behaviors as well.

    They both mentioned this morning that is their behavior that is the problem. The disconnect lies in the action with the realization!

    Thanks for supporting me. I appreciate you!!


Post a Comment