Denise
So….last night during our THREE HOUR homework session we got a little bit off topic and had a discussion. The start of the discussion was whether Jesus was a legend or a hero. Both boys were stating their cases to each other and then I said I thought he was a savior. I had to also explain my argument and then we all agreed that he was in fact a savior. It was followed by “what about the Holy Spirit?” Is the Holy Spirit in me? How do I know? We then talked about Jesus dying on the cross for us and the resurrection. It is times like these that make all of the really tough times worth it.

Older Boy REALLY wants to be baptized. Mentor M is going to talk to him about it at their next mentoring session. Older Boy has such a child-like understanding of salvation that sometimes you just have to smile. He is convinced that 2 Corinthians 5:17 is his life verse, because all of the old abuse is going and now he has a future. Thanks for that Mentor M.

Younger Boy mentioned last night that even though he asked Jesus into his heart at RFKC that he walked away from that. He said that he prayed about it again and that sometimes he feels like he accidentally asked the devil in. I told him that isn’t true and that God loves him very much. He just needs to continue to listen to the Holy Spirit nudging him to do the right things and to confess when he chooses not to.

I had the MOST AMAZING meeting with Older Boy’s daycare over lunch today. They are actively participating in helping Older Boy and want to be part of his overall solution. She told me of SO MANY services that are available to us through the State and my agency. My question is why has no one mentioned these things to me before? Why am I struggling through homework EVERY NIGHT when I can have a CTA come and help us at least once a week? She had some fantastic suggestions for making family therapy so much better than it has been.
0 Responses

Post a Comment