Denise
The day was a pretty good day. The boys had school and I took off work a little bit early to come home and get some things done in preparation of Mom and Dad's visit.

Mom, Dad, and I went and picked up Younger Boy. He ran to the car screaming "Grandma...Grandpa!" I loved that sight. We drove and picked up Older Boy. He had a good day and was in a good mood.

We were going to a restaurant for dinner so we had some pre-teaching in the car on the way to the restaurant. We came up with a list of things that were in appropriate in the restaurant...laying down in the booth, laying on the floor, walking around the restaurant, no yelling....those type of things. We also came up with a consequence for doing those things. The consequence was no Wii for two days (the boys consequence). It helped a lot, because I only had to give one warning...for laying down in the booth.

We went to the Good Friday service at Church. Younger Boy wanted to sit on the aisle so he could see the cross. Older Boy sat between Grandma and I. I love how many people know the boys and how the boys enjoy engaging in conversation with the people they know. The service was pretty powerful. At one point Older Boy leaned over to me and said "I think I am going to cry." Both boys took communion.

When we got home the boys played catch with Grandpa. When they came in they said that they only one who had all good throws was Grandpa. Younger Boy actually hit the deck with three of his throws....not really sure what went wrong there.

Grandma taught Younger Boy how to sew. He made some really "cool" designs on a dish towel with yellow thread. I explained that we aren't going to purposely make holes in things just so we could fix them!!

Afterward we (minus Older Boy) played CLR. He did sit at the table and watch and laugh. I'm not sure if he thought he wouldn't understand the game or what. We played a second game and he still didn't want to play.

Then it was time for bed....and that deserves it's own post.
0 Responses

Post a Comment