Denise
After the difficulties of last night I didn't have high expectations for the morning. A couple of days ago we had to implement the "get everything together the night before" rule. We made it one day.

Today Older Boy nearly missed the bus. Not because he wasn't up in time, but because he was walking around flexing his muscles and saying "I'm cool". He forgot his lunch so I am sure he will be angry at me that he had to eat hot lunch. He hates it!!

Older Boy went with Mentor M this afternoon. They took a trip to Whole Foods and had a cookie. They also took some time to talk about baptism. Older Boy decided at Youth Group last week he would like to be baptized. Not sure what the outcome of the discussion was.

I picked Older Boy up from daycare and he seemed to be in a good mood. I went and picked up Younger Boy. It was Younger Boy's turn to sit in the front seat of the car. Older Boy left the daycare screaming about being mad...but in inappropriate language. After he got in the backseat of the car he punched the window, the door, banged his head on the door, banged his head on the seat in front of him, kicked the seat in front of him and banged his head on the seat in front of him. He was so violent I had to have Younger Boy go back into his daycare while I called Therapist. She was marginally helpful. The entire time he kept saying "I should just be dead". I was able to get his attention which was good, because usually when he gets like that he can't even hear you. I told him I loved him and that I didn't understand why he was mad. Could he just talk to me? I asked if he could tell me why he was mad. He started sobbing and saying he just didn't know why he was mad, but that he needed to apologize for scaring Younger Boy. The whole time I just kept praying for God to keep both of us safe. I can't say I think I was actually concerned for my safety, but I certainly wasn't comfortable.

This evening went fairly well. We had a dinner of french toast, scrambled eggs, and sausage. The boys ate....A LOT. They finished up their homework, took showers, and played a game of bowling on Wii. Everything is ready for the morning, too. I read four Bible stories to them, because we got a little bit behind. Younger Boy asked for a goodnight kiss. That was a first. He said it would make he sleep better. Now both of them are sleeping. I am going to be soon as well.
0 Responses

Post a Comment