Denise
The morning was a little rough. Older Boy has to be reminded of EVERY task he needs to do to get ready for school. My morning consists a lot of the following phrases: “Are you dressed?” “Did you brush your teeth?” “Did you take your meds?” “Why aren’t you dressed?” “Please get your shoes on.” “You are going to be late for the bus.” “Where is your backpack?” Everything has to be repeated over and over. We tried a checklist. That infuriates him. If he has to do a checklist that is “bad parenting”. What it does is hold him accountable for getting everything done. This way he can blame me.

Younger Boy was looking for the EXACT pair of pants he wanted to wear. He had to go to the laundry room. I went in the laundry room after he did to throw in a load of laundry. I was surprised to find laundry detergent running down the front of the washer and dryer and all over the floor. I asked why he was messing with the laundry detergent. I found out he wasn't messing with it, but he was trying to figure out how it worked. Also, he didn't get it on the floor only on the front of the washer and dryer. Not sure where he thought it was going to go after it ran down the front of both machines. Tonight I think he will learn how hard liquid laundry detergent is to clean up.

I picked both boys up from daycare and took them home for dinner. They had a babysitter while I had LifeGroup. I came home early and both boys were still watching a movie. Makes me a little irritated, because it was 30 minutes after their bedtime. Babysitter #3 left and I tried to get the boys to go to bed.

We had a MAJOR meltdown. Both boys were screaming at the top of their lungs. It started with Younger Boy stopping in the middle of the hallway and Older Boy kicking him instead of asking him to move. It involved screaming, Older Boy locking himself in the bathroom, Younger Boy punching a wall, Older Boy banging his head on a door, and me losing my patience. The boys had to sit in the living room until they told each other they were sorry. They both have consequences as a result of their actions. Younger Boy immediately became very loving and manipulative. So…about two hours after bedtime both boys were FINALLY in bed.
1 Response
  1. Denise - Thank you once again for sharing your heart, your life, and your thoughts. One day you are going to be so thankful to have these posts and see even more how God's hand was moving and working even in the hard days.
    Sending you a HUG today!
    Jen


Post a Comment