Denise
Tonight we had one of our best nights EVER!!

Older Boy and I went to Youth Group while Younger Boy stayed home with Babysitter J. Younger Boy's Youth Group is over for the school year.

Older Boy was so excited about going to Youth Group. He was chatting with me and joking all the way there. When I got out of my group he was chatting with Babysitter Z. He was telling him stories and telling him all about the stuff he wanted to do when Babysitter Z comes over.

He was making small talk and laughing and approaching people and staying engaged in conversation. Those are DIFFICULT things for him. I was so very proud.

I realized today that I am not doing a good job of parenting when he blows up. I need to do more debriefing when it is over to help him to recognize what his anger triggers are. I just am so thankful it is over that I don't want to deal with it. That is wrong. I need to continue to engage him and walk through it with him. This is a way I can help him through his anger and grief. We also need to pray when we finish debriefing. God can help him through this....He is the great healer.
0 Responses

Post a Comment