Denise
Bedtime...should be relaxing. Not so much here!

Younger Boy went in the room first, because Older Boy needed to use the restroom. Older Boy left the restroom and entered their bedroom. Younger Boy punched him and Older Boy punched him back.

This resulted in both of them screaming at the top of their lungs "F You...go to hell!" "No you go to hell!" It continued on escalating more and more.

Younger Boy started to cry. Older Boy screamed "This isn't anything to f-ing cry about!" and stormed to the basement.

Younger Boy sobbed. I stayed in their room and tried to comfort him. Of course this caused Older Boy to yell "you always take his side" and just start sobbing in the basement.

Both boys were a mess and I had had it. Younger Boy went and apologized to Grandma and Grandpa for using disrepectful language and went to bed.

Older Boy continued to be disrepectful to me. We are working on debriefing after the meltdowns. With Younger Boy it goes much smoother. Older Boy doesn't accept responsibility for any of his actions. I gave him my observations of why he was mad. Of course I am WRONG!!

Finally both boys went to bed, but Older Boy continued to be disrespectful to me and tell me that he didn't have to do anything I said. Besides...he pointed out...Younger Boy lies and steals. I explained to him that you can't point out the faults of others unless you are perfect. He said he doesn't do anything wrong.

They went to bed. Since Grandpa and Grandma are here I am sleeping in the basement. About 15 minutes after the boys were in bed they came down and apologized for being angry and disrepectful.

After all of this it takes me FOREVER to go to sleep....
0 Responses

Post a Comment