Denise
I wasn't sure how today was going to go. Thankfully we had a lot of prayers being raised for us.

I took Older Boy and Younger Boy to visit their biological siblings who they haven't seen in about a year and a half. On the way there they were excited, but the closer we got the more stressed out Older Boy got. At one time when we were nearly there he was pounding on the dash and talking about how stupid his jeans are. I tried to get him to practice his coping skills, but he wanted no part of that!

The visit with Bio Siblings and Former Foster Mom went well. I was able to learn some things about family history and dynamics that help me to better understand the boys. I was also able to see some behaviors that hadn’t come out in my home yet. It was eye-opening quite honestly. At our home Older Boy is constantly controlling Younger Boy. During the visit this same behavior was present in Younger Boy and his attempts to control Bio Sister.

I expected the boys to be sad to leave. They weren’t.

I dropped them off at Mentor R's house on the way back into town. He wanted some help with yard work. I needed a break. In typical fashion they didn’t scream at each other or fight at all while away from home.

On the way home they were pretty sad about not seeing their siblings. It came out when they finally had a chance to sit down and think about it. Older Boy started to cry, because he missed them. They did go to bed pretty much without incident, because they were so tired from all of the manual labor and the stress of the day.
0 Responses

Post a Comment