Denise
Tonight we had a lot going on so we were going to drive through McDonalds for dinner.

Older Boy asked if he could have caffeine. I explained...like I do every time...that he cannot have caffeine, because it makes him agitated and it makes him unable to sleep. He threw a fit.

He banged his head against the car window and the car seat. He banged his head against his knee. He screamed. He cried. He tried to bargain. During this time I decided we would just eat at home. That created a whole new fit. A whole new set of screaming and crying.

The crying continued for over 30 minutes when we got home. He punched the wall in his room. He sat on the kitchen floor and screamed and cried. He was furious that all I kept saying was "I asked you to go to your room until you calm down." He screamed about how I wasn't listening and how much I hate him. He screamed about how much his life sucks. He screamed about how I want him to leave my house.

Really, over a Dr. Pepper?

When he calmed down I asked him about the fit. He was EXTREMELY compliant for the remainder of the evening. He said he didn't know why he got so angry. It was like someone lit a fuse and there was an explosion.

Prayers Older Boy can get his anger in control. He has a long way to go.

Prayers I can continue to remain calm and patient with the outbursts. It isn't ever easy.

Praises Younger Boy didn't also throw a fit when we didn't go to McDonalds.
0 Responses

Post a Comment