Denise
I picked up Older Boy from daycare and they said he had an AMAZING day. He is more joyful than he has been.

He was VERY ENGAGED during family therapy this afternoon. I NEVER thought those words would go into the same sentence. He answered all of the questions. When prompted to expound on his answers he did. He was still very literal. For example when we asked if he talked to any of the boys at camp he said no. Then I asked how he became good friends with D, another camper. He said "by asking him questions".

We ended the session with him telling me about how he is "stupid". He was pointing out all of the things he doesn't know. Therapist and I were talking about how no one can know everything and it is okay. It doesn't mean you are stupid. It just means you have more to learn. We are going to work on that next time.

Praises for an AMAZING therapy session. It was productive and we actually talked about things.
0 Responses

Post a Comment