Denise
Today Coach Z and Friend C were here to help with crafts. When we wrapped up we decided we were going to go to dinner.

Older Boy chose the restaurant. It happened to be a place where there are games in the lobby. I told them they could take their own money, but the most they could spend was two dollars.

Older Boy didn't have any money. Younger Boy spent nine dollars, but SWEARS he spent two dollars. How do I know? Well he had nineteen dollars...all of which he owed me. I told him he had to give me the money that was left...which was ten dollars. I asked him how much he spent. He said two dollars and then began this HUGE story about how someone at daycare stole five dollars out of his wallet...which he doesn't take to daycare. I told him the math doesn't add up, because then he should have twelve dollars left. I told him he needed to be trustworthy and wouldn't be in trouble if he told the truth. I told him I was going to call the other boys mom and talk to her. No remorse...stood his ground.

I don't know what to do with him. When we got home I went in his room and the lock he "sold" was on his nightstand. I asked about it. He said the boy gave it back.

We are going to talk about lying tomorrow. We are going to talk about confessing when you are caught. We are going to talk about what the Bible says about being truthful and trustworthy.

I am going to tell him I know he is lying and that it makes me sad.

Prayers for wisdom during the discussion. Prayers for understanding. Prayers for raising a trustworthy child.
0 Responses

Post a Comment