Denise
Younger Boy and I are both at camp this week. I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of him wanting to talk to me or hang out with me. Before we left I decided I would follow his lead.

I was surpised on Monday afternoon when he came to the craft building and asked me to work on his crafts with him, because he "just wanted to hang out with me".

Over the course of the week he asked me to eat meals with him and sit by him and eat bedtime snack with him. At times I think it was frustrating to Mentor R, but here's the deal...Younger Boy hasn't always had a lot of adults in his corner and if he is asking me to do something and it isn't unreasonable...I'll be there. No doubt about it.

Every time he caught my eye at camp he would give me the sign language sign for "I love you". Melts my heart.

Praises for a kiddo who actually wants to hang out with me. Prayers for the kiddo back home.
0 Responses

Post a Comment