Denise
Tonight was not fun.

We sat down to have dinner and I poured milk for the boys to drink. They hadn't had any milk all day and we drink milk with dinner at our house. Older Boy decided he didn't want to have milk. I told him he would have to drink at least half of it before getting up from the table. He started banging his corn on the cob on his plate and screaming that he wasn't going to drink it.

In the meantime Younger Boy drank his. This infuriated Older Boy and caused him to yell "You are a suck up and you are just trying to make me mad." Younger Boy replied by saying "I am just doing what Mom asked, because I want to leave the table." This caused Older Boy to pick up his plate of food and throw it across the kitchen.

I asked him to go to his room to calm down and instead he chose to punch the hallway wall and bang his head on his bedroom door...hard.

Last week when we were in court we had agreed that there would be a zero tolerance policy at my house for property damage and that it would result in a call to 911. Over the course of the week I have reminded Older Boy over and over of the consequence for violence, because we have been on the edge a number of times.

I called 911. The sheriff's department came to our house. Older Boy was screaming "I don't want to go to juvey. They'll kill me in there." The female deputy was pretty tough with him. She explained that he cannot go into a rage...ever. It doesn't matter what it is over. Did he get it? I don't know. She made a juvenile referral to court, because of property damage and because they have been here before. He was released into my custody.

Both deputies stood in the kitchen while Older Boy cleaned up the kitchen from the mess he made when he threw his plate.

After the deputies left Older Boy was remorseful and says that he can't not be violent. Right now I have a tendency to agree with him.

Younger Boy did great during the whole thing. He went to his "safe place" and hung out until the sheriff's department got here.

Coach Z came over later in the evening to offer moral support. I am thankful for that. It was a long night and Younger Boy was stressed out and didn't want to go to sleep.

I feel like I am failing Older Boy. I don't know what to do with him. I don't know that I can help him. I suspect there will be an assessment done to determine what kind of services he needs.

Pray for Older Boy. Pray for Younger Boy.
0 Responses

Post a Comment