Denise
Sunday morning we started out a little bit rough. Within minutes of getting up Older Boy went into his frustrated mantra of "I should just be dead." He typically does this when frustrated with himself. I tried really hard to figure out what could have happened and even asked him. I think it was just a bad mood.

Both boys did well at Church. They have a lot of friends there and they both seem to enjoy their Sunday morning groups.

On the way home Older Boy was convinced Younger Boy was going to get to pick everything they did all day and was yelling about it and hitting his head with his fist. There was nothing Younger boy had picked or done so I have NO IDEA what triggered the behavior.

I had training this afternoon for camp so Babysitter Z came over. I told him we now have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy at our home for damage to home or self and that we call 911 immediately. This is based on the advice of Therapist and Agency. When I left they were headed outside to play catch.

When I got home I found a frustrated Babysitter Z. Older Boy had gotten angry, because he couldn't find the straw he was using and Younger Boy "had it last". Instead of either drinking out of his cup without a straw OR getting another straw out of the cupboard he chose to run out of the house and hide under the deck in back for 90 minutes while Babysitter Z and Younger Boy searched for him.

When they found Older Boy Babysitter Z took them to the park. During their time at the park the three of them were playing basketball and Younger Boy thought the rules were different than what Older Boy thought they were. As a result Younger Boy ran away and hid in the playground. Babysitter Z had to look for him as well.

It is so disappointing to hear these things when I get home. I always feel so bad for the sitters. Babysitter Z and I talked to both boys about better choices they could have made. Older Boy is going to talk to Babysitter Z instead of getting mad and running away and Younger Boy is going to find out the rules BEFORE the games start.

Babysitter Z was EXHAUSTED. I totally get that!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment