Denise
During the middle of the night Older Boy woke me. We were in the middle of a huge thunderstorm with a lot of lightning. He was scared.

I suggested he sleep in the basement, because it would be quieter and he wouldn't be able to see the lightning as much. He didn't want to, because he didn't want to leave Younger Boy in the room by himself.

I sat by Older Boy's bed and tried to comfort him. Comfort from another person is not something Older Boy can feel or grasp. I started to rub his back, but he pulled away. I noticed he was rocking and rubbing the edge of his blanket over and over with his thumb and forefinger. It made me sad that he had to comfort himself when he was little....that he has had to do it all these years.

We prayed the thunder and lightning would stop and he would get a good night's sleep.

When I left the room he was peacefully sleeping again.

Pray for comfort for Older Boy. Pray for healing.

Praises for these special moments...no matter how tired I am.
0 Responses

Post a Comment