Denise
Tonight was a family therapy session with Middle Boy and Therapist L.

She talked about how she loves family therapy with him, because she finally gets to see what he is really like,  He generally gives her a bunch of nonsense answers and non-answers.  When I am there I don't let it happen.

Tonight we were talking about the walls he has built around letting anyone actually get to know the "real" Middle Boy. 

No one mentioned his past...except him.  He kept bringing it up and telling us to stop asking about it.  It was kind of fascinating. 

He insisted it had nothing to do with barriers which wouldn't allow him to care or trust, but instead it was beliefs that people were going to hurt him.

Call it what you want to call it....it is the same thing and I pray that one day you will trust me and believe me when I say I will be here and I love you.

0 Responses

Post a Comment