Denise
I am cautiously optimistic about my meeting this afternoon.

It started Director saying "I am here to hear what is going on.  I am not prepared to make a decision."

I gave the facts of the case.  The inspector general gave her viewpoint which was that this has MAJOR system implications especially considering the pending legislation.  The head of the Children's Commission talked about how the state really didn't serve our family well or Middle Boy well through this entire thing.

At one point Director said "I am just going to write a memo so she can keep her license."  This was immediately met with "you can't do that" from the attorney he brought with him.  He gave her until February 15th to find a way "within the regulations" that this can happen.

He did tell me that if I end up having to relinquish my license that I WOULD NOT have to retake foster parenting classes.  He can write a memo about that.

I was SUPER IMPRESSED with Director.  He stopped the meeting multiple times and said "Bureaucracy cannot trump common sense."

He is in the early stages of planning a foster parent commissioning (or something) and asked if I would be willing to be a part of it.  I would love to if the situation were right.  It is completely unformulated now so I will just have to wait and see what it looks like.

I am cautiously optimistic about the whole thing.  We'll see what mid-February brings.

Praises that all of the right doors were opened to hold this meeting.  Praises for Director.  He is a logical, caring man who CLEARLY has a heart for God and the orphan.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers.

0 Responses

Post a Comment