Denise
I have so many things swirling around in my head.  Things I just keep thinking about and wondering about.  Things on my heart. 

The first starts with our leader meeting on Sunday for high school youth group.  We were asked to reflect on the question, "What do you want to be?"  Not profession, but what do you want to be to others.  What do you want them to say of you at the end of your life?  I have been stuck on this since.  What do I want to be?  As you consider this and create the list of what you want to be what you are really doing is creating your own personal definition of success.

When I wrote down my original thoughts that morning I noticed there was a theme.  A strong theme.  Am I "there"?  Am I "being" those things?  Maybe...sometimes.  The one thing on the list which didn't really blend in with the others I am intrigued by.

COURAGEOUS

As I looked at my words over the next couple of days and asked God to show me how they fit together I realized this.  Courageous fits.  Because with the word courageous I don't mean "jumping out of an airplane", but I kind of want to.  I mean in relationship.  Finding courage when life is hard.  Finding the courage to show mercy and forgive.  To get outside of myself and stretch to where God wants me to be.  To not hold back, but to love completely.  This is courage.  It actually encompasses almost every other word I wrote.

I'll write more about the others soon.  There are still like ping pong balls in my head.  Things I want to understand.

Thanks for "listening" as I put my heart out there.

What do you want to be?

0 Responses

Post a Comment