Denise
Younger Boy and I went to the Champions of Character breakfast.

This award is a much bigger deal than I thought.  It only went to FOUR students in each grade at his school.  There are FIVE HUNDRED seventh graders at his school and he was one of four.

He received an award.  They read aloud his nomination letter.

"Younger Boy is courteous and polite.  He is eager to help and pays attention to the feelings of others.  He is a great encourager and willing to do whatever he can."

I hate admitting it, but I am proud and frustrated at the same time.  This RIGHT HERE is the classic definition of Reactive Attachment Disorder.  Others see a totally different boy.

I talked at length about this award with his therapist.  In the end we decided that you can't call the school and say "I'm sorry we are declining the character award."

So frustratingly proud.

Father, please take away my frustration and give me wisdom and understanding regarding my relationship with Younger Boy.
0 Responses

Post a Comment