Denise
All the way to therapy tonight Middle Boy reminded me over and over that he can't miss another day of school because of being sick.

In our state if you miss 20 days in a year then you go to court for truancy.  Doesn't matter if they are medical...20 days is 20 days.

Wouldn't be a big deal if you aren't on probation where school attendance is part of it.

Here's the other thing.  If you vomit at school you are sent home.

Middle Boy vomits if he is too tired.  So...stays up too late and he goes to school and vomits.  I get called and take him home.

Second semester has just started and he has been absent 17 times.  I would say I truly believe that 12 or 13 are from lack of sleep.  We talk about this every time it happens.  Every time "this will be the last time".

Here we are...cold and flu season...brother sick.  Hardly any absences left.

Somehow this is my fault.  I am not understanding the logic, but I must take the blame...apparently.

If he gets sick he is just going to have to punch all of us.

Seems excessive, but that is what he said.
0 Responses

Post a Comment