Denise
Finally...after much prayer....I gave him this response.

"Middle Boy, I need you to be a part of this family.  Isolating yourself and not speaking to me will not help our relationship.  This is your FOREVER FAMILY. 

You know....that's why there is forgiveness and grace.  You're right.  This day has sucked.  We're both mad and we both feel disrespected.  Both of us have a choice to make.  Forgive and try to figure it out or continue to be mad and cause further damage to our relationship.  What will you choose?"

He responded with "Depends on if you are going to change."

So I followed up with this..

"Forgiveness doesn't come with conditions.  You either forgive or you don't.  If you are asking me to never hold you accountable again you are not being realistic."

He followed it up with "I forgive you."

I told him I have forgiven him as well, but that we still needed to talk.  A LOT.
1 Response
  1. DeeDee Says:

    You are an amazing mom, parent & person. I do not believe I would have responded the way you did. You inspire me to do better, be better and learn more. I thank God daily for setting us next to each other at the FACT Class. Thank you for being my friend!


Post a Comment