Denise
What an adventure....

Middle Boy did great getting us to the main street outside of our neighborhood from the school.

Then things went awry.

He should have turned right, but instead turned left.  We will still only about eight blocks from home on the street we take EVERY time.  I was sure that when he got to the intersection he would realize he had gone the wrong way.

I was wrong.  He turned north.  He went a couple of miles.  We only live a block north of the street we were one.  When we passed a cemetary he screamed at me "we don't live by a cemetary".  He's right...we don't.

I asked him to calm down and think.  If he was going to drive by himself what would he do in this situation.  He had no idea.  His solution was to just start driving fast.  It was the anger in him.

I told him to find a major street he was familiar with.  He didn't know how to find the names.  Finally he figured out we were on a numbered street.  He headed to correct direction toward home.

We got to a four way stop.  He asked me if he had to stop.  Really?  What would make this an exemption?  Now I am dealing with "much younger Middle Boy".

Back on the major street on the OTHER SIDE of our home.

Lots of screaming and one more wrong turn later he finally figured out where we were.

He was REALLY mad at me.  REALLY mad.  I wanted to show him that he isn't ready to be out on his own.

Father, please give him patience and understanding that he needs to be able to find his way home on his own.
0 Responses

Post a Comment