Denise
Tonight Middle Boy decided he wanted to make dinner.

He asked what we had.

Every single item in our refrigerator and pantry had the expiration date checked.

Is this milk still good?  When did we buy this hamburger?  Haven't we had this bread for a while?

OK...I have NEVER fed either of you food that was expired.  I just cleaned out the refrigerator and pantry LAST WEEK.  You both helped me.

What I learned is...if they didn't see me buy it they assume it is REALLY OLD. 

They don't trust I will give them food that is safe to eat. 

There you have it...they don't trust.

After I finally convinced Middle Boy that there was NO expired food in our home he made spaghetti and meat sauce. 

He asked me to stay out of the kitchen.  Part way through he told me that there had been a MAJOR screw up, but that he thought we would still be able to eat it.  I asked if he could tell me what it was so I could help if I knew a solution.  No...he's got it.

Here is the MAJOR screw up...he used fettuccine noodles instead of spaghetti.  He was APPALLED when I didn't notice the error of his ways.  To him this was CATASTROPHIC.

We have a long way to go in terms of trust and mistake making.  What is a big deal and what isn't.

Pray for wisdom and understanding.
0 Responses

Post a Comment