Denise
Finally my phone came back on long enough to get one text through.

It was 40 minutes after I was supposed to be there to pick up Middle Boy.

He had texted me 28 times in those 40 minutes with increasingly frantic words.

It started out simply,

"Are you on your way?"

It escalated to,

"I'm ready.  Are you almost here?"

In the end it was,

"Why won't you answer me?  Please come and get me."

This whole things set off his abandonment triggers.  He thought I wasn't coming to get him.  He was scared.

I apologized over and over.  He was SUPER WORRIED about me.  He was more worried I had permanently left him.

When we got home I gave him a big hug and apologized again.  I would never abandon him.  I wanted to say until I die, but then he would worry about that.

Prayers for healing regarding abandonment.
0 Responses

Post a Comment