Denise
This afternoon I got a call from Middle Boy's math teacher....unsolicited.  This can't be good.

She started out by telling me that Middle Boy WAS doing great when he came back after the semester.  He was turning in all of his work and participating in class.

Then about 10 days ago he started slipping.  He is missing FOUR quizzes.  Didn't even bother turning them in.  They are open book and consist of some of the homework problems.

These are the same quizzes he told me just this morning were "turned in" and handled.

She also told me that yesterday there were 30 minutes at the end of class in which they could work on missing assignments and quizzes.  He chose to instead wander around the room.  They were completely unable to keep him in his seat.

This makes me sad.  Sad that he is struggling and also sad he is choosing to lie to me about school...AGAIN.
0 Responses

Post a Comment