Denise
For the last three months I have been in discussions with the State regarding my foster care license.

If the policy is taken literally, the adoption of Middle Boy in my home would make it impossible to remain a foster parent.  This is true when any member of the home has an allegation of any kind of crime against another person.  Had he remained a foster child I could have maintained my license.

To this point the discussion is that I need to relinquish my license or the department will revoke it.  Should I relinquish, in order to become a foster parent in the future I would have to begin the process again in its entirety...including fourteen weeks of classes.  If it is revoked I would no longer be able to be a foster parent in the state.
 
Being a foster parent allows for respite and allows Younger Boy's siblings to be able to spend the night at our home.  If I have no license...they cannot since they are still foster children.
 
Here's my prayer request...tomorrow afternoon at 3PM I have a meeting with a large group of individuals instrumental in the system.  God put all of these people in my path for a reason.  Doors were opened that I never expected, but HE KNEW.
 
Please pray that through this meeting parts of the system be moved to change.  Through it all the good of the children is kept as the focus and that God's will be done.  I want to glorify and honor him through my words and actions at this meeting and could use prayers as you see fit.
 
Praying for you all!!
 
0 Responses

Post a Comment