Denise
Therapist C and I talked to Younger Boy about sleep.

We asked him if he thought he had a sleeping problem.  He said "sort of".  Therapist C told him to explain why he "sort of" thought he had one.  He gave his stock answer of "I don't know".  Which is no longer an appropriate answer.

He had no guess.  She said she had a guess.  I asked if I could give my guess first.  I said, "You don't think you have a sleep problem.  You think what you do is just fine, but because Therapist C and I tell you that you need more sleep and you don't feel like talking about it you just agree."

His entire body posture changed.  He was MAD.  Therapist C said "Mom, I think you must be right."

After MUCH discussion he admitted when he doesn't want to do something in school he just goes to sleep.

Therapist C told him she is calling the school today and there will NO LONGER be any sleeping allowed in school unless he is gravely ill.  She tried to explain to him that sleep is the WORST way of dealing with emotion...especially on an ongoing basis.

He is really mad at her.
0 Responses

Post a Comment