Denise
As of tomorrow our home is becoming a complete dictatorship.

What I learned over the long weekend is that asking Middle Boy and Younger Boy to do things will not EVER get them done. Things must be on a list with a deadline and the associated consequence listed next to it. There will be no surprises.

When I ask if you have taken your meds you shouldn't act like I am asking you something in a foreign language. You take meds every day.

When I ask if you showered it shouldn't be a surprise. You should shower every day.

When I ask if those are clean clothes you are wearing you shouldn't be shocked. We have more than enough clothes for you to wear two or three outfits a day...no need to repeat.

If you don't have your shoes on and it is time to go there shouldn't be confusion about why you need to get them on. We are leaving.

Brushed your teeth? Not challenging.

We are going to work on routine. This seems to be where we are stumbling right now. Adding Sophie to the mix has actually helped, because taking care of her isn't optional. They made a contract with me and there are terms in the contract which are pretty clear what will happen if they don't keep up their end of the deal.

Prayers for this dictatorship. Both boys told me during a family meeting that it will work better that way for them.
0 Responses

Post a Comment