Denise
Bedtime has become a real source of frustration at my house...especially since I have been not feeling well.

At the advice of Therapist A and Therapist J we are doing something new with bedtime. Neither boy has a bedtime. They have a set of "operating rules". I don't care when they go to bed, BUT if I am sleeping they can't wake me unless it is an emergency. If the other boy is sleeping they can't wake him...even in an emergency, because I will handle that. They have to be in the car and ready at the daily departure time after waking up to their own alarms and doing their morning routine. You also need to stay awake all day in school or whatever other activity you are participating in and be respectful the entire day.

The consequence for not following the operating rules is an 8pm bedtime for a week. There is also a consequence for being disrespectful.

Last night the boys went to bed at 3am. I know this, because Younger Boy violated the rule about waking me at 1:30am and then I couldn't sleep.

I am frustrated...I am tired.
0 Responses

Post a Comment