Denise
This is the part of foster care I loathe. Completely loathe.

I know that T's foster parents put in their two-week notice 10 days ago. In the interim he has been staying with another emergency respite family who I know from my foster parent classes.

Yesterday I got a call from his agency. I haven't returned the call, because I am 99% sure they want us to take placement of T. The boys and I have talked about it at length. They have both been "that kid" they couldn't find placement for. They both like T. Honestly, they are both all for him moving in. Both of them for very different reasons.

Here are my concerns:

1. This is a third child in my care. A seven year old who would is less self-sufficient than the two I already have.
2. I can BARELY make it to pick both boys up by 6pm now. If we had to add a third stop before or after school it would be impossible.
3. Our schedule is busy now. I'm not sure we could add more services and meetings since this would be a third meeting of all kinds.
4. What are his behaviors? I've never seen much of anything, but we have only kept him overnight three times.
5. Our house is small.

Here is where I get confused:

1. I don't want him to have to go to a shelter. I know that is what happens for kids they can't find placement for.
2. He gets along with both boys and Younger Boy behaves significantly better when T is here. I understand the whole honeymoon thing.
3. There has to be a reason the current family is putting in their two week notice. I need to understand what that is.
4. My heart breaks for these kids. I feel called to have them in my life and through much prayer I feel like T is supposed to be with us.
5. I don't want people to think I am INSANE.

Pray for God's will to be done with the placement of T. If it is my home, pray that things will fall into place. Pray for T.
0 Responses

Post a Comment