Denise
Last night was a LONG night. Very long.

Both boys were having nightmares and we were up the majority of the night.

Everyone went to bed on time and about 90 minutes later I woke up to Younger Boy screaming and crying. I went in to check on him and he was still sleeping, but screaming. I woke him so that he would get some restful sleep and we prayed for good dreams.

About an hour later Middle Boy was screaming "you have to stop" in his sleep. I went in their room to find him literally fighting his blankets and thrashing all around, but asleep. I sat on the floor of their room and prayed for both boys.

Shortly after that Younger Boy knocked on my door to tell me that he was having another nightmare and this time he couldn't save his brothers from their dad. Again, we prayed. He didn't want to go back to bed, so we set up an area on my floor where he could sleep.

Around 3:30am Middle Boy knocked on the door. He, too, was having another nightmare and didn't want to be alone in their room. So...other side of my bed...another campground.

It was rough waking up this morning. I am thankful the boys don't usually wake each other during their nightmares.

Prayers for peaceful, restful sleep...for all of us.
0 Responses

Post a Comment