Denise
Middle Boy had to have a cavity filled this afternoon.

I did A LOT of pre-teaching on the way to the dentist.  We talked about shots and how the mental part is way worse than the physical pain.  We talked about the drilling and how there is a smell associated, because he is VERY smell sensitive.  We talked about how his mouth might be numb for a couple of hours.

I EXPECTED that when he as done there would be something I had forgotten and the experience would have been horrible and that it would be entirely my fault.

I was WRONG.  Pleasantly surprised to be WRONG. 

It only took about twenty minutes.  I had told him an hour.

They only had to do one shot.  I told him to expect at least two. 

He didn't notice the smell.  (Secret praises for a little bit of congestion!!)

Praises for it being a pleasant experience.
0 Responses

Post a Comment