Denise
Today on Facebook I was made aware of a movie I think people need to see.  I think they need to understand.

Here is the website for The Boarder.

It is going to be playing in a city about two hours from here...this month.  I don't know why it will be there, but I really want to go.  Really want to.

On the same website was a trailer for another movie that is premiering at a film festival this spring.

Here is the trailer for My Name is Faith.

Both of my boys have been diagnosed with Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD).  It manifests itself in different ways in each of them, but there are some very real feelings both of them have that are the same.  Neither of my boys is "as violent" as the trailer for The Boarder seems.  Funny how "as violent" doesn't seem "as bad".

Before my boys I NEVER knew this world existed.  I went to camp three times and didn't "get it".

It is hard to hear that RAD is a relationship disorder.  Partially because I don't consider myself to be very good at building and maintaining relationships.  Maybe that's why I am their mama.  Maybe that is what we are supposed to learn together.  From them I KNOW that I have to work hard to fight for the relationship...a relationship that may not ever really materialize.

So...anyone want to see The Boarder with me?

Praying for all of these families and everyone touched by RAD.


0 Responses

Post a Comment