Denise
Today I got a call from State Inspector General with an update on my case.

She said I am doing all of the right things on my end.  She is working on her end, but has been told thus far that the state is handling my case the way they handle all cases.  She said "I know that says NOTHING."  It doesn't say if they are handling the case appropriately or even legally, but they are handling it THE SAME as all others.

I asked her some additional questions and she is going to look into the answers for me. 

She actually thanked me for helping her to better understand some of the unique things in the system and told me she is enjoying getting into this case.  She is going to talk to other attorneys in the ombudsman office to get their opinions on our case.

When I became a foster parent this is not the journey I would have seen myself on...at least not necessarily.  Here's the God thing about it.  All along I have had a sense that somehow I was supposed to be an agent of change in the system in our state.  I didn't know how.  I just had this sense and so I have been praying for two years for doors to open for me to be the change God wants me to be.  I keep wondering...is this it?  Is this the change I am supposed to be?

Please pray with me.  I want to KNOW without a doubt that these are the doors God is opening for me and that this is HIS path...not mine.
0 Responses

Post a Comment