Denise
Today I was approached about considering two things associated with the foster care system...very different things.

The first is whether or not I would consider being the legal guardian for Older Boy.  In our state you cannot be an adult and live with your legal guardian.  You have to live with a caregiver.  In this arrangement Mom and Dad J would remain the primary caregivers and I would be the legal guardian.  The request came from GAL...you know...the guy with the Hawaiian shirts.  I told him I would consider it, but I need WAY MORE information on the requirements and legalities.

The second was whether I would be willing to participate in a possible task force of foster parents who have experience in all areas of the system from mental health to juvenile justice.  People who don't write the state laws, but actually try to live within them and have seen the unique things that occur because of the laws.  It is in the early stages of development.  ABSOLUTELY...I am 100% in.  Put me on the list.  The irony is that sometime this month I will no longer be a foster parent.  That's the reality.

Prayers that I would use wisdom in both of these things.  That I would bring glory to God.
0 Responses

Post a Comment