Denise
Last year I talked to Camp Director about the possibility of sending birthday cards and Christmas cards to all of the campers.  These kiddos often times don't get much of an acknowledgement of their birthdays so I wanted them to feel special.

He thought it was a good idea.  Just another "touch" from us during the year.

So...I decided the beginning of the year was a great place to start.

Last night I sat addressing cards.  Thinking about and praying about each kiddo as I addressed the card and wrote a note inside.

Some of these kiddos have had transitions this year.  All of them need prayer.

Then this was placed on my heart.  What if there was a group of prayer warriors who committed to praying for these kiddos?  I think J mentioned this to me once....a while ago.  I wonder if she would consider being a part.  What would this look like?  Who else could we ask to pray?  For the teen camp we have prayer partners for the weekend of camp.  What if we could find enough people to be these kids prayer partners for the YEAR.  What if we could maintain the confidentiality yet give them updates for changes as we knew them and just prayed.  What if?  I believe in the power of prayer.  I KNOW it works.

0 Responses

Post a Comment