Denise
So...our respite provider changed between last night and tonight.

 It was originally going to be someone from our agency, but that ended up not working out.

God had a plan though.

Ms. R is doing respite for us this weekend. I love her already. She is a single mom with a biological 21 year-old daughter and 12 year-old son. She also has a 14 year-old and a 13 year-old foster son. She is VERY STRUCTURED. Something I could learn from.

She told me she had absolutely no question in her mind whether or not she could take the boys. Her father went in to have an ingrown toenail removed and ended up on life support with pneumonia. She said she was just passing it on, because someone took her foster kiddos no questions asked while she was at the hospital with her dad.

She was encouraging to me. She told me she took 10 days to get herself together and get some rest. She told me not to feel guilty for one minute. She offered to keep the boys for 12 days, because she can.

I am glad God brought Ms. R into my life, even if it wasn't under the best of circumstances. I think she is someone I could learn from and having her in my circle will be great.

Praises for respite who knows what I am going through and is encouraging.

Praises for my agency just handling this...every bit of it.

Prayers for the boys to have a restful time at respite. I haven't been a good mom lately and they need a break, too. They just don't know it.
0 Responses

Post a Comment