Denise
Middle Boy is at a crossroads.  At this point he could go either way.  His words tell me one thing about which way he will go while his actions tell me something totally different.  They haven't matched in a while now.

Tonight we had a discussion about how things work together.  We talked about how if you get kicked out the reporting center the question isn't just where will you go afterschool, but also the following:

  1. How does this affect my chances to do a program this summer?  Is there anywhere that will accept me when I have been kicked out of a structured program?  Will the state pay for a less strict program and hope for the best or will they see it as an opportunity to move you to a group home?  If there are no programs that will accept you we don't have many choices.
  2. How does this affect my chances of getting off of the electronic monitor?  Good behavior affects this.  In reality you can be on the electronic monitor until you are 19, because it is open ended.  Is that what we are going for?
  3. Is this a violation of probataion?  If it is are you going back to the juvenile center?
  4. How will the judge view the disrespect for authority?
  5. What will therapist say about it when your focus has been on respect?

He seemed SHOCKED that this one thing could affect all of those things.  I explained that there were many more, but that these were just the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

I explained that from now on there is no "joking around" with staff ANYWHERE.  He just has to suck it up and be respectful.  There are no more choices. 
0 Responses

Post a Comment