Denise
Tonight I asked Middle Boy if I could see the list of rules for his therapy program, because Service Coordinator and Probation Officer still need to sign it.

He didn't want me to look at it.  He decided he would read it to me.  He skipped EVERY RULE that would cause an inconvenience in his life.  EVERY SINGLE ONE.

How do I know this?  I have my own copy of the rules.  They were sent to me by Therapist L.  He knows this, but must have forgotten.

The lying by omission makes me crazy.  I asked him if he read me all of the rules.  He assured me he did.  Even insists on it.

I got my copy out and read the ones he didn't read.  He stuck to his story.  Yes...he read them all.  My copy must be different.  He should be going by his copy.  Why don't I believe him?  Again I asked to see "his rules", but he didn't want me to.

Again...survival...and to some degree lack of respect for authority.

Prayers he will start to understand that he doesn't have to lie to survive.
0 Responses

Post a Comment