Denise
Tonight I got a call from Middle Boy telling me he just wants to come home.  He wanted me to leave Younger Boy at respite so he could spend time with "just me", because he had a lot of things he wanted to talk about and it is hard to do with Younger Boy around.

I talked it over with Ms. R and we decided I would bring Middle Boy home and leave Younger Boy there until Friday evening.  She was concerned the "antics" of her foster son caused him to want to leave.  I explained since he has been home from the juvenile center he is pretty clingy to me and I was actually surprised he stayed as long as he did.

I went and picked him up.  Immediately on the drive home he started in on all of the things he wanted to talk about.  He started out by saying "I have been thinking and I have really been a jerk".  He showed me some thoughts he had written down and a schedule he wanted to maintain each day.  He wants to be more responsible and more respectful.  He said he realized how his behaviors were affecting everything in the house. 

We are going to continue our talk tomorrow evening while we work on cleaning up the boys room (his idea). 

He told me he realized he needs me as a parent.  He wants to be a part of a family and not responsible for everything anymore.  He wants my input on things like which classes to take in high school, how to budget money, and many other things on his list.

I want so badly not to be skeptical about all of this.  I am hopeful this is really a turning point with us.

Prayers for Middle Boy.  He is an amazing kid...he just doesn't realize it yet.
0 Responses

Post a Comment